For teens who find it difficult to keep up with their schoolwork, tutoring apps can be a lifesaver. Tutoring apps can provide one-on-one help from qualified teachers, and they can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection. Best of all, many tutoring apps for teens are free.
With tutoring by subject, like math or science, and tutoring for specific tests, like the SAT or ACT, teens can find exactly what they need to support their studies and educational endeavors without burning out. In addition to academic tutoring, some tutoring apps also offer help with college and career planning.
Learn more about the benefits of tutoring apps for teens and check out our infographic for the best apps in the business!
The Benefits of Free Tutoring Apps for Teens
Why are tutoring apps so beneficial for students? Here are a few reasons:
- There’s no need to leave home – Teens can get tutoring help from the comfort of their own home, mitigating social anxiety or other fears.
- No appointment necessary! – You can access an app day or night, on your schedule. Enjoy more freedom without time limits.
- Some apps are completely free – Many tutoring apps are free or have a free trial period to ensure teens have the help they need to thrive.
- Tutoring apps are flexible – Teens can get tutoring help for a specific subject or test, or they can get general academic help.
- Transform device purpose and association – Many teens need better device management skills, as they only use their phones for social media. Transform what a device means to them when they associate it with education and school.
Other Educational Resources for Teens
For teenagers, navigating school while working to manage their mental health can be overwhelming. Here are some other educational resources for teens that can help them find their way:
- Online courses – Teens can take online courses on various subjects. These courses can be explored at your own pace and schedule, and they often offer credit that can be transferred to a traditional school. These are the ideal solution for anyone who has school refusal concerns.
- Homeschooling – Homeschooling is an option for families who want their teens to have a more individualized, targeted education. In homeschooling, parents or tutors work with the teen one-on-one to create a curriculum that meets their unique needs.
- Alternative schools – For teens who are struggling in a traditional school setting, many alternate schools offer a more supportive environment. These schools often have smaller class sizes and more individualized attention.
- Residential mental health treatment – Treatment programs like Ascend’s offer academic programming that can ensure teens continue learning as they reset their mental health. We also teach them to manage their mental health and academics at the same time.
Tutoring apps for teens can be a valuable resource for any student, especially when used in conjunction with other educational aids, like afterschool programs, study groups, and parental support.
Academic & Mental Health Help for Teens at Ascend
Productivity, motivation, and focus are all essential parts of any academic program. If your loved one is feeling burnt out or unmotivated, a tutoring app for teens could encourage their success. If you still think they need additional support for their mental health, consider a residential treatment program today.