Ascend Healthcare is taking important steps in the admissions process and daily programming in response to COVID-19. In an effort to best protect our team and clients we have implemented comprehensive guidelines. These guidelines were created after consulting with our medical team.
Ascend’s COVID-19 clinical and medical management guidelines include the following:
- All admissions must shelter in place for 5 days and have a negative serological test for COVID-19 within 72 hours of admission.
- Ascend Healthcare can make COVID-19 testing available to clients pre-admission.
- Our admissions team is screening all potential admissions for COVID-19 with comprehensive questionnaires that addresses symptomatology. These completed questionnaires have to be approved by medical and clinical prior to every admission.
- Our nursing team is available and at the facility upon intake to provide a comprehensive nursing assessment and facilitate a hygiene orientation.
- Families will be greeted at the gate by our staff upon arrival and goodbye’s must take place outside of the facility. Clients clothing is washed immediately upon entry and they are provided with Ascend clothing to complete the intake process.
- All staff must record and monitor / log their temperature before and after their shift. Anyone with a temperature of >100 degrees will be attended to.
- Our staff and clients are required to wash their hands for a minimum of 60 seconds in between groups and prior to meal time. Staff is also wiping common surfaces with disinfectant twice during every 8-hour shift.
- Ascend has temporarily discontinued on-site family program and on-site individual family therapy. All family program and individual family therapy is facilitated via telehealth.
- Our clinical team is facilitating bi-monthly virtual family days. Sundays from 11:00 AM- 3:00 PST our therapists lead parenting support and skills sessions, meditation, and a multi-family therapy group. This helps keep the value of our family program, without on campus exposure.
- Ascend has transferred consultant led therapy groups to virtual sessions. Ascend is continuing to participate in outdoor recreation and equine therapies where appropriate distancing can be maintained.
- Ascend has temporarily suspended access to the facility to any person not a necessary on-site employee.